About First Baptist Church of Dunkirk
Statement of Purpose
First Baptist Church is committed to Help One Another To Know God Better. We seek a healthy balance between the functions of the exaltation of God in worship, the edification of the believer through instruction and fellowship, and the evangelization of the lost.
What We Believe
- We believe in the inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible.
- We believe there is one God that exists as three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and was both fully God and fully man.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ and in His ascension into Heaven.
- We believe that all mankind is inherently sinful and separated from God.
- We believe that repentance of sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are the only conditions of salvation.
- We believe that eternal salvation is by grace through the sacrificial death of Jesus and not of works or baptism.
- We believe that all who are saved are inhabited by the Holy Spirit and that their salvation is eternally assured.
- We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit were concluded with the completion of the New Testament Canon.
- We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the church and the pre-millennial return of Christ.
A more detailed Articles of Faith can be found here.
A Letter From Pastor Gage